Monday, August 14, 2006

Back Online

So here I am. Blogging. Since college, I've had three websites and three blogs for various and sundry reasons. So at least you know you're in the capable hands on an online afficionado.

Okay, well maybe not an afficionado. But...maybe an "online capable"? Does that read right? (See what a writer goes through when it comes to word choice?? It's all about word choice, dahlink...)

It's 10:45 on a Sunday night and I still need to write 10 more pages in my new WIP ("work in progress" for those not in the know). I've been on a really good time table with this book. Actually, I've already written the book. Wrote it a year ago. But I had to let it sit and stew. Wrote Black Tuesday while it sat and stewed. Now, I'm about 125 pages into the rewrites (out of 400). Although "rewrite" is a misnomer. I don't want any of you to get the wrong idea that I'm fixing grammar mistakes and moving paragraphs around. Nope. I'm RE-WRITING. As in writing again. From scratch. I think I've reused about three pages from the original so far.

No worries though. The original story was good, but this one is so much better. More conflict, more pissiness, more lies. I love it!

No comments: