Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Five Randoms: The Tired Edition




1) The commercial's right: A baby changes everything. In a wonderful way. In a tiring way. In an unexpected way. Did I say in a wonderful way?

2)
Thinking you can multitask with a baby is just plain delusional. Being superbusy in college is one thing; I was pre-husband and pre-baby then. I could study for two tests, write a paper, work eight hours at the local bookstore, go to the movies with some friends, paint a picture, and work out for two hours, all the while getting four hours of sleep per night. Now? I just try to dodge the spit-up and call that a successful day.

3)
Enough about babies--I had my first library visit for Black Tuesday! Three librarians showed up. In my book, I say three is a successful visit! (Hey, I'm no J.K. Rowling or, at the very least, I'm no Stephanie Meyers--yet.)

4)
Speaking of whom, I'm finally reading Eclipse. Stephanie has a great way of writing a guy that reminds me of the good ol' alpha males I used to read in historical romances back in junior high.* I loved these heroes then and I love them now.

5)
I'm finishing up the first 100 pages of my next book! I'm still fine-tuning it before attaching it to an e-mail and hitting "send" to my agent. This book has a great story--actually, several great stories involving Reggie, Sara, and Bridget--and I want to make sure I tell those stories as best as I humanly can.

*I used to put grocery-bag bookcovers on my romances when I was 12. First, I wasn't supposed to be reading them, second, it was embarrassing to be seen reading a book with two half-naked people on the cover. My mom told me years later that I wasn't fooling anyone with those brown paper covers.

No comments: