Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Weathering the Blog

The speed of light is 299 792 458 m/s.

The speed of sound is
340.29 m/s.

The speed at which I post my blog? Once a month. I have my reasons for the turtle-like pace. One of which my book isn't out for another two months. Then I'll have to be more responsible. Maybe post two times a month.

:o)

So I just survived my first Class 2 Hurricane AND an evacuation. In Arizona, I had experienced neither. Sure, there was the time my high school canceled classes for the day when the air conditioner broke. But other than that, weather hasn't played a big role in my life. That's sorta why I decided to move to New England, for weather. And trees. And 120-degree-less days.

I sure got it. As well as the ocean shoving past the houses across the street and slushing past the front of this house.

While this was happening here, Boston was pelted with the storm. And the Boston Marathon hailed a winner. Somehow, I don't think Kenya's
Robert Cheruiyot has dealt with New England weather too much, either.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you weathered well your first hurricane! Weren't the felines having fits? Being an Arizona native, I can't even comprehend the planet you're on these days. Ninety degrees on tap for next week in this universe. :)

Joy & Peace and waiting for the big release day!!

Shell